People are always coming up and sitting drinks on my console, which I quickly move to a safer location that's far enough away from the equipment to prevent accidental spills. Now, I'm not going to insult my customers by refusing a drink, and during the performance I may take a couple sips of ice-cold beer, or even a Margaretta, if offered. Getting blasted is something the kids do - not adults! I hope we're a lot smarter than that. If one beer, or one mixed drink, sipped during a 3 to 4-hour performance is sufficient to put you into the Twilight Zone, then by all means, you either have some sort of allergy to alcohol, or you're a drunk. Either way, you are the person that should not accept that gratuitous offering. I got blasted one time on a job - I was 18 years old and in Barcelona, Spain. After that one time, it never happened again and never will. So, yes, I will accept that kind offer of an ice cold beer or mixed drink, but it will likely take the entire night to consume it. smile

Bottom's up,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)