Originally Posted By: Fran Carango
Bill, Donny, I am going to disagree with you guys..I think a top of the line arranger keyboard, could very well be the best instrument...period..

Not because you can push a button and it can make music that most folks could not possibly play..but the flexability of the instrument to conform to what ever you need to do...or your skill level...

I would use my G70 as an example...
It can be the stage piano (of course there are limitations..semi weighted is not piano feel, but more than playable)..
It can be a drawbar organ, as good as most..
It can be the sequencing workstation..
It can be the perfect scratch pad for new songs..
It can be the fastest performing tool...in fact it is..

There is no alternative that out performs the arranger keyboard..

And it can conform to a USB controller to use with our daws, and VST programs...Really..what is missing...and why would I choose any other instrument (being a keyboard player)..?

The organ is more flexible as it has additional keyboards and pedals which have their own sections, (thus you don’t need to program so much beforehand) but it is larger to carry around so doesn’t suit all. (No one instrument does)

Bill