I'm not an entertainer, but several things have worked for me over the years....at least they have helped keep me working.

First,. for years, I had a wall of instruments on my house gigs. the group was a B-3 player, drummer and me. I did all singing ans instrumental solos.

Instruments included Nylon string, mandolin, banjo (tenor), telecaster, double neck Mosrite, Guild Jazz, vibes, steel string
and Wurlitzer piano.

Depending on the crowd, I'd change instruments frequently; mostly for show. When Glen Campbell had Southern Nights, I'd use an electric 12 string for that. I did Pieces of April (Three dog Night) with a 335 through a 127RV Leslie. I did a lot of Joe Maphis solos on double-neck. I did all Feliciano tunes and Sergio Mendez tunes on nylon string.

Vibes were for recognizable Hampton and Berton tunes. Wrlitzer was used for pop tunes by Ray Charles and others (What'd I Say...pure Wirlitzer on the intro).

Even now, many people know me as the guy who played all the instruments.

While that's not possible with one nighters, I still have jazz, nylon and hibred (piezo and magnetic pick-ups)guitars on stage; usually three keyboards, and adjust the mix so lots of musicians come to see me to check out the equipment, which, because of age (mine) are now collectibles.

One od the few benefits of getting old!

R.