This was supposed to be my title..ran out of room.

THE VISUAL PART OF THE PERFORMANCE...ANYONE REMEMBER LAWRENCE WELK?

I was reminded, at a gig, how important seeing the instrument played was for the audience.

Earlier this month, a woman came up to us, after a gig, to compliment us on how great the sound was..we were using our Tyros 4(I was playing) she is a keyboard player/songwriter and has heard us before.

"You did a great job on the keyboard" she said(little does she know..thank you Tyros). But, she said, I miss you on the guitar.

Now, here's the thing...

I used guitar voices prominently throughout the gig. Played some stuff, that to my ears, sounded as good on the Tyros as it did on some of my guitars.

When I told her that I did play guitars...just did it on my keyboard, she said "Yes, I know, sounded good, but I like watching you play guitar".

So, where does Lawrence Welk fit in?

When his band played, whatever instrument played at the time, the musicians stood up...guitar, sax, clarinet, keyboard, trumpet, etc.

Not only did you hear; trombones, trumpets, guitars, keyboards etc...you saw them too.

So now, we're contemplating me going to back to the guitar and my wife playing the styles on the keyboard.

smile

It's all about the show, right?

Edited by guitpic1 (09/23/14 12:20 PM)