Hello

I am considering getting a KN2600 while they are available.

BTW all KN7000's are sold out in the US. The only ones left are the ones the dealers may have left.

I have a Tyros, which I love. I also always liked the Technics styles, especially for jazz, combo, swing, standards.

I understand that I can hook up the two using MIDI, and use the Tyros as my main KB playing all left hand styles on the Tyros including the KN2600's styles being keyed from my Tyros, AND while using the Technics styles I can use the sounds of the Tyros for the styles rather than the 2600's?

Does anyone know about this procedure, and how it can be done?

I understand if it can be done that the actual settings must be made on the Techics (in this case). I would hope if this is true that it could be saved into some kind of memory button so I could quickly switch between Tyros styles and Technics styles.

This sounds like a good idea if it really will work. I never would have bought a KN7000 because of the weight. Although I have not heard a 2600 live I think it would be safe to assume that the tone is not going to come close to my Tyros.

I understand that all the styles for the KN2000 on up are available for the KN2600. I think this would be a great addition to my setup.

BTW, I am now with a different music dealer who was a Technics dealer. When I called the Technics company in Illinois, they agreed with me that they are suprized that another company has not bought the rights to the Technics line.

We'll have to wait and see. I really believe it will happen, unless they want too much money for it.

Best
Scott