Russ, most individuals do not recover well from rotator cuff surgery, and of all those I know that had the surgery, most took at least two years before they felt semi normal again. It's a lousy surgical procedure at best, and despite the surgeons telling everyone that it cannot get better on it's own, I, personally, know of at least a dozen people that opted to forgo the surgery and did recover on their own, often in less than 6 months. This included myself. I tore my rotator cuff while splitting firewood with an 8-pound splitting maul. I opted to not have the surgery and I was just fine a year later. The surgeon, who is also a good friend and fishing buddy, said he was amazed that it healed, then said maybe he misdiagnosed the injury. I don't think he made a bad diagnosis, and I believe that this injury can heal without surgical intervention.

Good luck, and get well soon, Russ.

Don, you shouldn't pick on Billy that way - he's an old man now and semi in-firmed. Even with a 9 handicap, I think I might have a shot at beating you in golf, but it would have to be at a course where the temperature and humidity are not both in the upper 90s. And, I would have to ride in your golf cart. I don't think I could hoof it for 18 holes anymore. wink

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)