Hi Bob,

I, personally, want to thank you for the effort you put into reviewing these two units and taking the time to report on your findings.

I posted here about the Archos about a year ago and decided at the time to not do anything as I know computers but I don't know enough about tablets.

I primarily want to use it only to store my sheet music in PDF format and then pull it up when I need to "brush up" on a song, so there's no urgency in it for me.

But, I was watching this thread closely, hoping you would eventually do a report like you just did, so it was greatly appreciated.

The thing about all this electronic stuff is you don't know what to buy because you've never used what you intend to buy. That means you don't really know what's going to be important to you until you're familiar with the product. I found that (major) problem when I bought my first computer. Knew nothing about a computer so how could you compare what you know nothing about.

Anyhow, is there enough difference between the two units to make one more suitable for you. And......for what I want to do with it, it doesn't matter which one? And.......I originally thought the Archos had a 13" screen. You said "Both tablet displays are identical in size, 7 by 11.25 inches." I'm assuming the sheet of music will look slightly smaller. Does one get used to it?

I'm also thinking about just buying a notebook with a large screen. Too many choices no matter what you buy.....from laundry detergent to a new car!

Mark