Hello AJ,

thanks a lot for answering most of my questions.

Meanwhile I tried to clone my Harddisk to a SSD.
And learned some about startup mechanism.
When you have a unformatted/wrong formatted disk, Sytstem starts up and asks then if you want (F1) Format.
When you choose yes, the the System formats the Hard Disk.
Formatting on ketron means technical 2 steps:
1) Partitioning the disk and creating a 80GB Primary Partition
2) Formatting this partition with FAT32
3) Creating a couple of empty folders

After Formatting, the system boots up. However you cannot use the keyboard, but are able to connect the keyboard via usb to a pc and restore files you might have backupped before.

This steps I did with my SSD, I connected it back to the PC and made a chkdisk. What I found was that there were some failures - from the point of OS. There were some lost sectors (15). After correcting this, the system still booted.

The next step was to allign the SDD for its architecture.
Now the system did not boot anymore, instead it asked to
F1) format
F2) restore disk

What the restore disk command does is not clear for me, I let it run a while and then stopped. After this the disk was empty.

What also did not work was to resize the partition. It ended up in a SDD that seemed not to be formatted.

I guess, there are some "hidden" sectors, that contain the information and after manipulating size or position of the partition without respecting these sectors, the system fails.

But I will continue investigating this for a while.

-----------------------------

Relating the restore disks....
As the Audya 5 came out with OS 4.1, I would be totally happy with this version in factory state. The updates to 4.2 and 5.0 I can make myself of course afterwards...

At least a file list from the disk would be valuable

---------------------------------------------------

Thank you and have a great time

Edited by SigiZ58 (07/18/14 05:54 AM)