Nice to not pay for them if you don't use them though. Never touched my G70's VH (one of the better ones, at that) in eight years.

FC-7's can be got as low as $200, but push comes to shove, they are just switches. You can wire your own for far less (maybe adapt an EC-5 if you can do with only five).

But I'm sorry, I have YET to hear ONE single user demo of any arranger's VH that didn't make me cringe. Each to his own, of course, but unless harmonies sound like REAL people, they are of no use to me. We spend a fortune trying to get the most realistic piano sounds, B3 sounds, basses, drums, guitars etc., in our arrangers. Then use something for BV's that fools no-one!

On the whole, modern standalones sound SO much better than even the best arranger VH, I can't figure out why anyone wouldn't PREFER a separate unit. Sure, more work, but if a sax sound or a drum kit is enough to make us rush out and buy a new arranger, why are we so willing to settle for 2nd rate built-in VH?

Free is about what they are worth, IMO! LOL

But yes, the PA3x76 is looking like a MUCH more attractive alternative at that price than I originally thought..!