Gary, you're taking this way too seriously. Don and I were just having some fun. I know Marathon better than you think; I have friends there. It's much better suited for you than for me. Hey, I don't even KNOW any Jimmy Buffet music, not even Margarettaville (just as I'm sure you don't know Mysterioso or Well You Needn't), I was just kidding Don and Diki. For the record, I don't have the same disdain for 'Buffet' music or Country music as some of you people seem to have for Jazz. They're not my favorite genre' but then again neither is Rap or HipHop. Sometimes I get the feeling that there is also a bias here against accomplished performers as well, such as this very talented 10 yr old, yet we heap praise on poor to mediocre performances just because they come closer to matching our own.

Believe it or not, if I had to name my top 20 artists, Willie Nelson would be somewhere in the mix. Not just because of some of the great R&B tunes he wrote during the 60's and 70's (surprise, surprise) but also because I really like his voice and the honesty of his vocal style. But then again, I also like Tony Bennett and Mel Torme' for the same reasons.

Anyhow, I'm not trying to push jazz onto the good people of Marathon, in fact, I try to make Marathon a no-stop pass through on the way to Key West.

chas