Chas, when I was in the Florida Keys last winter, if you didn't know at least a dozen Buffet songs you were in deep trouble. And, of all people that loved both Buffett and lots of country music, it was the Canadians that requested the most of both. Jimmy Buffett made me a lot of tip money down there. smile Thank you Mr. Buffett for your contribution to the world of music.

The top requests included:
1. Margarettaville
2. A Pirate Looks at Forty
3. Come Monday
4. Pencil Thin Mustache
5. Cheeseburger In Paradise
6. Volcano
7. It's Five O'Clock Somewhere
8. Why Don't We Get Drunk And Screw
9. Boat Drinks
10. Son Of A Sailor
11. Changes In Lattitude
12. He Went To Paris

I also had lots of requests for John Denver songs, Sinatra songs, lots of upbeat Latin songs, and 50s, 60s, and 70s rock songs, all of which seemed to go over very well.

Boot Key Harbor was filled to capacity with sailboats and trawlers, all of which from ports in the frozen north. Those folks wanted to be entertained, they loved to party, and the tipped very well. Many traveled from Canadian ports on the north side of the Great Lakes, and spent the better part of 3 months getting to Boot Key Harbor. They were there to party the winter away and happy to be in the land of palm trees, snow white sand, turquoise waters and 75 to 80 degree temperatures that time of year. Some never go home, they just renewed their visas and stayed year round - which I only wish I could do.

As for Jazz, Nah! In that part of the world it just ain't gonna happen. There were a couple jazz clubs in Key West a few years back, but they're long gone. They're packed to the walls and the bands are playing Jimmy Buffett music now.

I'm not afraid of Diki's wrath - could care less. And, I'm damned well positive that he's playing some Buffett and country music as well in Destin. If not, he's starvin to death. wink

If you want to see what things are like in Marathon, take a look at http://www.tikilive.com/show/boot-key-harbor-webcam

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)