I just spent the entire day reprogramming the presets on my Line Six Variaxe, and I'm SOOOOOOO happy I did! Now, it's an "Uncle Dave" signature model, and it will be a dream to play. The newest HD software is such a great upgrade - you can now make ANYthng a 12string, or a 1, 2 ,3, 4, or 5 string, for that matter. I programmed a few Ukes, and even a few Jazz guitars without the 2 E strings to help me voice those interesting inner chords that I'm new to. It really helps thin the sound out when I play with a keyboard player ... makes our chords blend better.

I added transpositions, rebalanced string volumes ... MAN, I had a ball. Can't wait to take it out next weekend and give it a whirl in real time.

I admit - I LIKE gimmicks. I have an American Deluxe Strat with a Fishman Bridge, a Roland G5 Strat with COSM models, the JTV, a Taylor T5 ... they all have some cool little FAUX trick that makes the day more interesting. Aside from my acoustic ... it'd be very hard to decide which one to keep if I had to choose only one. Right now .. I think it's the Varixe, because even without all the bells and whistles - it's a terrific Strat all on its own.