My 10-year-old PSR-3000, which is sitting right next to me, doesn't have a single scratch on it, every button and key works as good as the day it came out of the box. This keyboard has been on the road for all 10 years, used in more than 2,500 jobs and never failed mechanically or electronically. Anyone that ever owned a 3000 will tell you it's a workhorse and was well ahead of it's time. If for some, unforeseen reason my S950 were to crap out, I could put that 3000 on stage the same day and wouldn't skip a beat.

All of my guitars, 6 of them, were in pristine condition when sold - not a scratch on any of them. They were cleaned and polished after each use, the strings were changed regularly, and in each case was an Silicone impregnated, multi-fiber cloth that was used to wipe it down every day it was handled.

I still have a 50-year old M-Honer harmonica in my office that is in the original case, nice and shiny and plays like the day it arrived under the Christmas tree.

All of the amps I sold went out to the buyers in original boxes, and they looked and smelled the same as they did when they were brand new. Same was true with non-powered and powered speakers.

I'm just as meticulous about my boat and mini-van. I know guys on this forum that I would never purchase any piece of gear from because I know how they treat it. That list just got longer. wink

Maybe I just anal about the way I maintain my gear, but that's just the way it is with me. I work damned hard for my money, and none of this stuff is inexpensive. Therefore, to me, it really doesn't make any difference if the keyboard case is made of cast iron or high-impact plastic - it gets treated the same - with kid gloves!

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)