I guess I'm not a Jerry Lee type of player, guys - never found the necessity and never had any keyboard move on the stand - not one, regardless of weight.

Now, the cost of a new Carbon Fiber guitar, ranges from about $900 to $1,800 for a quality acoustic guitar. I got to play one in Florida, and a lot of sailboat cruisers had them because they never have to worry about moisture. They were extremely lightweight, and sounded fantastic, much better than many of the heavy wooden counterparts.

It really makes absolutely no difference in performance quality of an arranger keyboard, amp, etc... if the case that houses the electronics is made of cast iron, steel, high-impact plastic, or carbon fiber. Now, speakers are somewhat different, but that too seems to have been changed with improved acoustic technology. I can clearly remember when in order to obtain great sound you needed a speaker cabinet made of inch-thick fiberboard, and until recently, I believe Peavey still used that stuff. If it got damp, the glue failed and the speaker literally fell apart. They weighed a ton - I'm sure everyone remembers them. Now, nearly all speaker cabinets are made of high-impact plastic - gee I wonder why? wink

Fran, I was never a car guy - I only wanted my cars to last forever, and get me to and from the jobs. I do, however, remember my son building a 280Z and spending several months building the 550 HP engine he put it the thing. Thank God, he never raced it. The guy that purchased it from him blew it up at the York Dragaway and damned near got killed.

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)