I almost missed this one...and I'm glad I didn't.

Nicely played, Chas. That KeyB Duo has an excellent emulation. Were you using chorus/vibrato? It really juiced up the sound.

No problem with the bass...in fact I had to turn it down a bit on my EQ.

I like the single note repetitions, and the guitar sounds pretty good...it is a tough one to emulate for sure.

I remember the first time I heard Jimmy Smith...I was playing a dual manual Farfisa through a Leslie...I got rid of it less than a week later and bought my first Hammond, an M-3.

I've done only one quick recording with the Tyros4, early in the morning like you...I was actually trying out a style I had just stuck together to see if it read the chords properly, and since I got through the tune without any drama, I saved it.

So, since we're doing the sharing thing...

Here's a link to the MP3. http://www.4shared.com/mp3/6dIl6nqG/OverRainbow.html

The style, which started life on the CVP-509 Clavinova, only has 3 tracks; light drums, mega Acoustic bass, and mega Jazz Guitar.

I played the melody using SA2 Jazz Sax, and SA Jazz Clean Guitar. It was all played in one take.

It's got a few warts...it got recorded a little too hot (levels), and I know I could do the Sax part a little more realistically, but, again, like you, I'm too damn lazy.

Hope you like my little tune, and thanks for putting up some fine playing.

Ian