Hi all Audya users,
I haven't plaied Audya that much, only tried it for a short time last year and there have been updates released since that time so I can't tel how it is now.
I have owned several yamaha keyboards, including the Tyros and I have also recently tried the new Tyros4 for a few days, but there were a few things I didn't like with it.
The thing that I miss is the deep sound that the Audya has and the Audya sounds much more live to me and more inspiring than the T4.
But the most important thing to me is accessibility. To be able to access the instrument and all of it's features, or at least most of them.
I have made posts in the passed on this forum but for those who don't know I am totally blind. Can't see anything and Yamaha is not that easy you have to enter menu's and scroll to the feature you want but compared to Audya, which to me, seems to be much more easier since the things I have read about it where you just press a button and then you press any of the function keys, located at each side of the display to access some function or change something is really good, especially when Ketron have written what keys to press like how to use the HD recording feature.
I wrote some time ago about accessibility issues we blind and visually impaired people are facing when it comes to these instruments and me and others would like them to be much more accessible than what they are these days. When we pay for a such instrument we would like to get equal access like you sighted folks have.
Well, we can access computer based sequencers like Cakewalk Sonar, but its not always you have a computer next to you and if you can make recordings on these instruments directly it would be very nice if they were accessible.
Well, now on to my questions.
I read in some other thread about the vocal harmonizer, which I thought until now was good but I haven't heared it myself so I cant tel. How easy is it to change its parameters?
I am going to see if I can find the Audya manual, but maybe some of you can tel me.
Do you just press some button and then you can just change it?
Also, let's say I want to change to some other guitar loop in a style, is it also like pressing one button and then you just select which one to use?
And at last, when you playback an audio file, can you delete that file from within the song player?
I suppose that I can just connect the Audya to my computer and delete it that way, but I am just wondering since deleting it from the instrument itself it faster.
And at last, you would recommend the Audya, you are pleased with it?
OK, that's all for now but I hope you don't mind ansering my questions! Many thanks!
Christian