Here it is unique. We are at a bit under 5000 ft. and to the north there are the Bookcliff Mountains maybe 15 miles from my front door. To the south Colorado National Monument and Glade Park gets up to 9000 ft or so. To the East is the Grand Mesa at 11000+ ft. It gets the most snow. I can be in tons of snow in an hour and 1/2 on the Mesa, and there is Powderhorn a ski resort.

At 5000 feet it looks like we are in a valley. I shovel snow 2 to 5 maybe 6 times a year. Sometimes 1 or 2 inches. The most I remember is between 12 and 14 inches, but only a handful of times in 30 years that I remember.

We've been in the 60's but cold at night. Later this week we'll be in the fifties, but it can get real nice again until December 21 or there about. It can get cold but still not a bunch of snow. Like I said it's pretty unique around here. I don't like the cold but I don't like even the high 70's especially with high humidity. Anyone know where it stays between 55 and 65 all year round? I want to move there.