Wow, people still salivating over the sound of an instrument being played by a MASTER KEYBOARDIST. People still thinking that THIS is the one that's going to put them over the top. NEWSFLASH!!!!!!!! If you sounded like crap on the PSR3000 or the Tyros or T2 or T3 or T4, I can pretty much guarantee that the T5 is NOT going to be the solution to your problem. A Steinway 'D' is a great sounding instrument, but in the hands of my 6 yr old grandson, it still sounds like puppy poo.

My advice (like anybody cares smile ); unless your old board is on it's last legs or the sounds are so dated that it's embarrassing, take some of that disposable moolah that you're about to blow on a T5 and try to figure out a way to improve yourself as a keyboardist and musician. If you remember back that far, all those top notch Yamaha demonstrators sounded pretty darn good on the last three or four introductions of Yamaha products---that's why they're demonstrators, DOH!

Of course, there is an exception to the above (valuable) piece of advice; if you're like me and just love the latest gadget, then by all means, break out that credit card and have at it.

chas