You are probably right, but it still limits the instrument to those who may want to learn to play more complex chords. A great many pop songs use on bass chords.

This missing feature (on bass) is what keeps me from recommending the DGX instruments to the more advanced amateur. One thing for sure, I always made it clear to a potential buyer what the function of On Bass did for accompaniment playing. To some it didn't matter, but I wouldn't want a buyer to expect it and not have it, especially on an instrument in this price range.

Personally, I wouldn't buy an instrument without it. I'm very surprised (and more than a little disappointed) it isn't a standard feature being that the DGX doesn't compete with the PSR series, and the next closest would be the much higher priced CVP-series Clavinova.

The way I look at it is that the DGX is so good in so many areas, why cripple it with an accompaniment engine from the low end PSR instruments?

Ian