What would put me off from buying the DGX-650 is the same as what Zuki said above...no "On Bass" chording option. The S750 and S950 have it, as do the previous S700 and S900 and it goes all the way back to the PSR-510 and perhaps even earlier. I think the first Yamaha PSR with it was the PSR-SQ16 (1992). The CVP Clavinova series also has this option. I think the competing Casio pianos also have "on bass" chords available.

Without the ability to play "On Bass" chords, such as Dm/G, C/B, G/D etc. the instrument would severely cripple the advanced player, and prevent the beginner/amateur player from progressing to the more interesting and, most importantly, accurately voiced chords.

Why Yamaha has left out such an important option on an otherwise terrific portable piano is beyond me. Previous DGX pianos had the same omission. Since these instruments have 88 weighted keys, they do not infringe on PSR territory, so why not add "on bass"?

Quite frankly, I'm disappointed.

Ian