Originally Posted By: Diki

Sometimes, you have to step back from what you liked as a kid, and try to put it into some kind of true perspective. The Beatles survive this kind of scrutiny. I'm sorry, but IMHO, Cliffy doesn't. He was part of the soundtrack of my childhood, and I'll never forget his catchy hits.

For starters Diki, there is no accounting for taste. So I have NO problem whatsoever with you thinking whatever you like about CR. I have been a modest fan for many years but I am not an addict, if you get my drift. I do find fault though with folks misrepresenting facts , worse with blatant ignorance.
Cliff Richard, au contraire with the Beatles and even the Stones, continued making contemporary music ( as in : belonging to the period in which it was produced) for many many years. As a matter of fact he had his greatest hit in 1979 with WE DONT TALK ANYMORE and DEVIL WOMAN. A string of hits followed in the 1980s but after that he became blacklisted in the British media. Whatever..............
If you listen to his 2006 Nashville album with 15 contemporary songs penned by 15 different composers , it ouzes quality and musicality. A long long way from Summer Holiday. If you got stuck in the past as far as Cliff music is concerned, do not blame the artist with the same disease my friend. And if you are happy dancing your days away on the old Sinatra stuff, be my guest wink

regards,
John