Originally Posted By: spalding1968
John you have spent so much time programming your resources for the pa 800 and pa2x , are you really prepared to spend more money on a machine that is going to sound inferior to the work you have already done ? knowing that your resources are not transferable without heavy time consuming editing ?

Like I said initially I don't understand your reasons for considering this purchase .

Hi spalding,
I guess my request requires some clarification in light of your remarks here which are correct. As you know I also programmed extensively for previous models , noticably for the PA50/80/Micro and the PA500/PA500m.
No I am not willing to trade my PA800 for something inferior and pay money on top of it. But until a couple of weeks a go the shortcomings of the PA900 were not all that apparent, after all it has only been ten days or so that folks in the USA have gotten theirs and none (to my knowlege) here on the Continent. And what is more I was approached by a regional Korgd dealer here with a request whether I could do programming for the PA900. If so this would inevitably lead to some kind of understanding if you follow my drift. Another bonus would be that the Performances made on the PA900 are meanwhile interchangable with the PA3X owners which would again be benificial to my programming. So far on the bright side. But if it appears that appart form some better sounds here and here the PA900 is actually inferior to the PA800 I will certainly not make that move. All the more so as I would easily have to spend 75- 100 hours in programming a decent set of Performances appealing to all and sundry. Of course I might always considering the programming in itself apart from the question whether to change keyboards or not.
Hope this clarifies my postion. smile

regards,
John