First of all I would like to point out the following:
It seems that Korg decided to let the US market bear the brunt of the danger or if you like let them be the guineapigs as far as the PA900 is concerned. Reading the SZ forum I gathered that several Korg dealers such as Frank and George have already sold dozens, whereas to the best of my knowledge the whole of Europe is still waiting for the PA900 to hit the shores.

From all the postings on the subject so far and the experiences expressed by Uncle Dave and Hammer I have my growing doubts whether it would be a good idea to part-trade my two year old PA800 for the PA900. Apart from financial implications it seems that by doing so one would gain a few things (definitely a number of better basic samples and henceforward better sounds) but also loose certain things, noticably slightly inferior amplification/speakers, and the prolbems with the vocaliser as expressed by UD.
As I cannot speak from personal experience as regards the PA900 I have had to rely on the postings of those mentioned here as welll as the official demos. Even taking into consideration Hammer's latest live demo does not make me want to rush out to the shops and swap my PA800. Nearly three years ago I declined a similar move with the PA3X. I thought it was far too expensive (compared to the PA800) to justify the spendings but, what's more, due to its structure I realised I would not be able to use my years of programming on the PA800 and previous models because Korg have made a point of it to screw up the whole placings of the basic multisamples. Subsequently folks who ordered my Resources for the PA800/PA2x had to conclude that they were pretty useless on the new PA range. (600/900/PA3X).

I am supposed to get one on trialhad my doubts. I did notice better electric pianos and acoustic guitars though, but even those can hardly outdo the ones on my Yamaha PSR750 I have the impression. Perhaps UD or Deane can dwell on this as they own or have owned both. ( be it the PSR950).

regards,
John