Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Wow! I remember that. When I first met Donny I installed cooling fans in his Barbettas. He had a pair of the earlier ones that didn't have the fans and when used in warm locations the thermal cutoff would shut them down. I purchased a pair a year after Donny bought his and they had 60-mm fans installed that kept them cool.

Sure seems like a long time ago when Fran had to hold the fan on the back of the speakers so Donny could finish his job.

Cheers,
Gary cool

Gary...I remember that gig and the Barbettas & G1000 very well surprised ...it was upwards of 100 degrees outside and with 350 people dancing the room was hot... first one side shut off then 10 min later the other side....Fran stood behind the Barbettas and held a fan against it to keep one of the heat sinks on back cool enough to keep the show going.......as for me every night I will not perform anywhere with out a fan in my face..inner energy extruded as you perform will make you sweat, not to mention the overhead stage spotlights beaming down on you all night too...... keys

Attachments
dpg1000.jpg

Edited by Dnj (08/15/13 01:43 PM)