hi sokatis, I have 2 question and some comments:
1. it's normal that msp editor work with wave only in mono mode (you can add mono or stereo files but the final .mps will be always mono )?
if is true, than never can create good stereo sound, I can't believe !( only mix 2 mps in program but no sense)
2. often my file mps after created and saved (I tested with only 3-4 notes too) work fine but after reboot audya tell "this is not a valid .mps " and cannot load cannot edit. must make new.
About .ins i'm italian, and I talk with a big person of ketron that I suppose you know it. he told me they think about release a software for make .ins. but only think at moment and now total silence.
I don't believe need hardware. is only software for mix wave ecc.
the internal msp editor is very very bad. it's impossibile to create stereo sound, impossible to create a multilayer sample.. and of course if we create a drumkit (with only mono sound !) you cannot mix with internal drum sound. so... bad
I want to found 1 people that have create a good piano or good guitar msp file. it's impossibile without multilayer, without stereo... mps editor is for only for game with it