A lot depends on your music background. If you are basically a pianist, you will like the BK-9. I have a BK-5. Roland tends to be skimpy with displays and buttons. Lots of stuff is deep in menus. Play the BK-9 before you order, Audrey. The two little displays would be much better as a larger color display. Lots of good voicing and styles but they are hard to access. I have an organ background and do not do well with the BK series. I prefer the little combo organ (AT-350C) that gives me more presets to work with. I use the BK-5 primarily for style editing for styles that I use with the AT-350C. But, again, I am not a pianist. I have an organ background.

If you like the challenge of a complex operating system, the PA3X will certainly give you that challenge. EVERYTHING is editable. But editing takes a lot of study and is not as intuitive as the Technics stuff. It took me about nine months to feel that I had a good understanding of the Korg PA3X. After that time I decided it was not the right keyboard for me. I got rid of it.