Although I had tinkered for a short while with the BK-5 upon it's release months ago at Frans Studio I really didn't get chance to really dig into it a bit more that day to get a significant understanding of it's workings, I remember it sounding pretty good then. But Now I have it here & once again I am impressed with it. First off the keybed actually feels better then the PSR/S Series units giving a bit more resistance and more quality feel. Lightweight is an understatement, you can pick the unit up under your arm.
I went thru most of the factory styles, and RH sounds and honestly this is a very usable and quality sounding arranger KB out of the box. The OS is a bit different and mostly menu driven using the USB drive as it's storage, nice that it's on deck not in the rear, wink etc, but it's very functional once you get used to it. It looks good too (Black).
Drums sound excellent!! On-board speakers are not as good as the S950 but adequate enough for practice or monitoring. Bright clear display screen very legible. USB Audio player works flawlessly, easy access to songs or files. I'm still exploring the unit when I can between gigs and I'm sure to have more to discuss about it soon. Styles sound terrific on par with the BK-7m, Amazing sound at this price point,......
Overall I'm impressed with the BK-5 so far & can only imagine that the New BK-9 is even better with more features.
to be continued..... cool2

Edited by Dnj (04/06/13 01:17 PM)