Originally Posted By: hakurup
Fully agree to member Jamman's post. Spot on when he says that PSR 750 will fulfill the bare needs till enough coins are in the pocket for a Tyros. BTW, looking at the trend of Yamaha with the PSR 750 / 950 combination; and taking a cue from the Roland Jupiter 80/50; can we now get to see a "Mini-Tyros" - something like the Jupiter 50 is to the Jupiter 80?

950 already is a mini tyros with not so great hardware .

Most of the Korg arranger players are one or more of the following.

Must choose a Kb that does all for budget reasons( a kb with good sequencer ,good sound editing,good sound competability ( Pa50 can load Triton programs-of course minus EFX),a kb that is good enough for live band play, good hardware

Their gigs are mainly SMF playback and occasional arranger work/ they use arranger mainly as a drum machine with live left hand bass and right had chording

They play east euro or mid east music

Until Pa3x us/uk/Asia maket is ruled by psr/tyros.(more 4/4 styles than 9/8s- see below).rememer 2 fills with problematic fills in some styles?

EU/ Balkan and mid east (they even have their Country specific models as you know since distributors in those countries can prebuy or order in significant numbers (kb and expensive accessories such as Roms) are dominated by korg and Roland (was).they don't even know TOTL/MOTL Yamaha arrangers .yamaha did unsuccessful attempts to break in to the maket with A series yet sound wise and support wise couldn't match Korg.

Like I previously said the game changed in the west after affortable Psr 2000 and upward. It's great that Korg is doing with 600. Western 3rd party support will grow eventually due to fact that many home players can afford the very capable KB with pro features and on board deep sound editing / style creation to seperate individual drum sound mix (level and efx send)even in arranger mode( people with more time to make styles/conversions , etc the same mentality happened to Psr since early 2000 in Us/uk).

I love both KBs.each of them have unique strengths and weaknesses.bur for US/UK mainly 4/4 singer songwriter gigger gtr player musicians - for now Yamaha is the way for the reasons (especially your set is mainly arranger mode ).

Typing from my phone. Sorry for my spelling , gentlemen.

Edited by jamman (03/02/13 10:52 PM)