Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
And, that's why I love my job as a musician/entertainer. Down here in Paradise I unload the gear from the boat to the R&R Cart, then push it 100 feet down the dock to the Tiki Hut and set up. Today, I'm doing a happy hour at Sombrero Resort, so a friend from Maryland that lives here during winter is going to pick me up with his pickup truck and transport me to the resort, a distance of about 2 miles by land, but just across the harbor by boat. The two miles may take up to 10 minutes to commute to the resort.

When I'm at home in Maryland, it's rare when I drive more than 10 minutes to the jobs. There are at least three more retirement communities being built within 5 miles of home, and another two that are being expanded. This translates into more and more playing opportunities at higher pay scales than we could have ever dreamed of in the nite-club/restaurant/bar circuit. Ya gotta love it!

Gary cool

PS: Steve, get the Hell off that interstate before it kills you. wink

Gary the dream will be over soon and you'll be back on the high seas to reality again back in MD!....take videos of paradise now so you can enjoy them next winter when it's snowing here, .. surprised cool2