Originally Posted By: Dnj
Ok... stop please be careful if your using a MINI Type USB drive on the S950 as pictured..and thinking of leaving it in all the time. When the USB drive is inserted into the back of the S950 it only goes in half way leaving about 1/2" sticking out PROTRUDING the rear panel just enought to damage it mad this wasn't the case on the S910 where the USB drive sat almost flush in a "recessed back panel design",....... this is a Disaster waiting to happen if you keep your Kb on it's back in the case...it could certainly damage the unit and USB port for sure!! I'm putting the KB in the case BACKWARDS keys toward the rear of my case until I can either velcro some stiff foam in the rear with a space for the USB drive to raise it up a bit so no damage is caused...or keep it laying flat in your vehicle, IMO Yamaha needs to put the USB on deck somewhere in future models.....
Be careful. stop

This week I will be trying a few different 32G Nano disc drive from other manufactures besides my Sandisc for comparisons to see if they will sit in the rear of the KB USB port more FLUSH to alleviate this problem.

Edited by Dnj (02/03/13 04:37 AM)