I watched my son's fingers flying across the frets for a years, a time when he was the lead guitarist in a Grunge band. He was right up there with the top players in the nation, IMO, and his band went on a national tour. About the 10th day of the tour, friction between a couple players broke out, he had the driver stop the bus, he got off, somewhere outside Atlanta, GA, and hitch-hiked home. I guess my point is, while I was not enamored with the Grunge style of music, required incredible talent and musical ability. When I listened to the demo, it was in many ways similar to my son's style of playing.

Now I'm an old codger, enjoy good guitar playing/picking, and for me Les Paul, The Ventures, Chet Atkins, and many others of that era, were my guitar heroes. I made a few dollars when I was much, much younger by playing a guitar and singing to a crowd of drunks in a smoke-filled, hillbilly bar. So for me, the demo really didn't impress me musically. Granted, the person has a lot of skill emulating the guitar on his arranger keyboard, but personally, I enjoyed watching Don Mason perform at lot more than the demo.

Just my opinion,

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (01/21/13 08:16 AM)
Edit Reason: spelling

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)