Originally Posted By: Nigel

I have to disagree. While that 80s rock guitar sound may seem busy and lacking in expression to you that is more a matter of personal taste. It is one of the better keyboard lead guitar emulations I have heard. I don't know what sounded "unrealistic" to you. I play with a guitarist that uses a Floyd Rose tremelo system and there was nothing about those bends that he can't perform on a guitar.

Hey, Nigel, that's what makes this forum so cool...of course we all do not have to agree.

What sounded "unrealistic" to me was the complete lack of "soul" and also the playing had very few, if any, breathing spaces...all flash technique and very little feeling.

My idea of great guitar soloing follows more in the Clapton, Harrison, Gilmour style, where they actually played a solo (even with extremely fast runs) that was like a story with a beginning, a theme, a high point and an ending...this guy was just being "wordy"....nothing more.

Like you, I have performed with some excellent guitar players.

This is just "guitar babble", and fakey at that....again, in my opinion.

Hendrix and others mentioned above, made their solos a story...this guy should listen to more good guitar playing.

Ian