[quote=hammer]Donny,
Because I did own both the BK-7M and the BK5 I am convinced they are not the same. I did not keep the BK5 very long but regardless of what I tried it never sounded as nice as the BK-7M.

I sold the BK-7M because at the time Roland did not allow any of the OTS voices to be changed and saved. That has been corrected in later OS updates I believe. Also, at the time I did not know how to program my controller, a Roland A-800 Pro, to control the unit so I had to make changes on the unit itself which did not work for me during live gigs.

I actually have been thinking about buying another one. With the controller programmed properly all the needed controls would be right at the keyboard.
I think Don had his setup that way.

Deane

The BK7M with the latest update does allow you to save your One Touch setups ---BUT !!!--- It does weird things when you try to program it. Seems to get tangled up with the PART settings and can be confusing. I've spent many hours with it and sort of have it figured out. Called Roland and they weren't any help. I think it definatly has bugs but they can be fixed.
The reason I'm going through all this trouble with OTS is I like to use three different sounds in my RH where the Part settings only allow two. I though I could get around this by using the MI as I do on my G1000 but no go. Its either MI on and replaces one of your RH parts or off. No way to do it with Velocity or a pedal.
the other weird thing is the data wheel. When I go out to my garage studio and its still cold in there the thing won't progress through the menus. Starts forward and then jumps backward !!!!
Get one and we can swap problem solutions HA!