Originally Posted By: hammer
Donny,
Because I did own both the BK-7M and the BK5 I am convinced they are not the same. I did not keep the BK5 very long but regardless of what I tried it never sounded as nice as the BK-7M.

I sold the BK-7M because at the time Roland did not allow any of the OTS voices to be changed and saved. That has been corrected in later OS updates I believe. Also, at the time I did not know how to program my controller, a Roland A-800 Pro, to control the unit so I had to make changes on the unit itself which did not work for me during live gigs.

I actually have been thinking about buying another one. With the controller programmed properly all the needed controls would be right at the keyboard.
I think Don had his setup that way.

Deane

Deane I was very proud of you lol clap when you conquered the controller & BK7m...you did your homework and it paid off for you. I also believe it or not had my sites in the BK7m & Controller hookup months back but went in another direction.
When I had the MIDJAY & A33 controller it was a setup challenge that I managed to accomplish also...I think the BK7m fits your gig needs very well and your portability health issues with lighter weight gear. If those past issues wee resolved with the OTS then I say go for it and good luck. eek