Originally Posted By: Beakybird

Price (and internal speakers) not being a factor, I would definitely choose a T4 over this board, but I'm still encouraged as a future buyer by these demos.

We certainly agree here, Larry. If I thought I could get the same performance as a Tyros4 with the substantially less expensive S950, I would be selling my T4, buying the S950, and pocketing the difference.

However, having so many excellent (and very useful) SA2/SA1 voices, the new drum kits (and, like Audio Drums, the MIDI drums are also samples; only individual), plus the nicer feeling keyboard (subjective/personal) with aftertouch, and 500 styles with oodles of Premium Styles available, still makes the T4 the sonic leader in the Yamaha stable in my opinion. I played and heard the S950, so I am speaking from some experience.

But, the S950 is definitely a must have if you are wanting to keep things a bit less expensive, and, in your case, be able to purchase two instruments, thus having a backup, a wise move, especially, since you play so often. Plus, the benefits will include the VH-2 Harmonizer and some really useful additional SA Voices, along with the aforementioned Audio drum styles.

Ian