Thankyou for this information Casarosa.

I have read what it has to say, although I couldn't get the pictures to come up. However, this is exactly what I've been trying to say in my posts. There ARE differences between Music/Audio and Data discs but as yet, most shop assistants do not appear to know this. They think if the label mentions 'music' then "yes madam of course it will record and play your music" but this is not the case. Unless you purchase the correct discs, you're wasting your time and money.

I've been making my own CDs since I purchased the Technics KN7000 in 2001. When I first started to do this, I bought a Philips Recorder which I was happy with until I heard a recording made, using the Sony Compact Disc Recorder/Player RCD-100. It really is a brilliant machine. If a disc needs formatting, it will come up on the screen telling you it is going to format the disc. If it needs 'Finalizing' it will ask whether you want to or not. It has an (a) deck and a (b) deck and if you inadvertently put the discs in the wrong section, you also get warning messages.

Before finalizing, you can even name your tracks and if, like us at the Club, you then want to make copies to CD-Rs, all the track names are automatically added to those as well.

It might sound complicated, but it's much quicker than using the computer as most of the work is done by the Sony.

Thanks again, the layout of the pages are the simplest and easiest to understand that I've seen in a long time.

Audrey

Edited by Audrey Turner (09/10/12 04:12 PM)