Hi Audrey,
Ever since it was possible to burn CDs containing music from one source or another, I have always just used 'normal' CD-R disks - never the so called 'Audio CD-R' type or CD-RW.
Do you have a particular reason for using CD-RW disks? I've come across some CD players which don't like the Re-Writeable Disks.....

CD-RW disks are often not readable by some older CD players. The reflectivity of CD-RW disks, is far below that of CD and CD-R, so the laser which 'reads' the CD-RW, often does not receive a good signal and an Automatic Gain Control Circuit is needed to compensate. This circuit is generally not included in many older players, since they were manufactured to play only Commercially available CDs. Recordable CDs i.e CD-R/CD-RW only became available about 5 years later......

In theory the CD-R’s made for data will not work in some stand-alone CD recorders that are designed to hook up to your stereo system or those that come with certain boom boxes. This is because music CD-Rs contain a Data Code that some stand alone CD players look for. The data CD-R does not have this code.

However, I have yet to encounter a CD player which will not play any of my recordings made on 'bog-standard' CD-Rs.....

As far as I am aware, apart from the 'Data Code', there is no real difference between the 'Audio' CD-R and the standard CD-R. The extra cost for the CD-Rs marketed for music rather than data, comes from the royalty fees paid to the music industry. This is the same fee that is applied to blank cassette tapes. This fee does not apply to CD-Rs marketed as data discs.