Originally Posted By: Diki

I don't honestly compare laptop usage to streaming samples and getting pounded on by an energetic, two fisted, hard hitting pianist! Sure, it MIGHT survive for a while. But who wants to go through the agony of replacement on the gig if it doesn't? There's a REASON the Kronos has a SSD and not a 10,000rpm SATA HD.

ROTFLMAO..... so you have never seen a hard-core gamer going hammer and tong on a laptop??? I swear that sometimes I see the laptops jump off the desk!!!!

Seriously though...it is not as big an issue as you think..look at the Korg PA series..had a hard drive since the PA1- and there are STILL PA1's running on the original hdd - and I have got to say (and truly NO offence to anyone) but I have personally seen some of the players out here from middle eastern countries absolutely flog the [potty mouth] out of PA keyboard - please excuse the language, but it is the best way to describe it..And the hdd keeps chugging along!!!

And now nearly ten years later, 1000's of PA later (most with hard drives) are still chugging away, no dramas...

I do hear what you are saying but in the real works, HDD's are not as sensitive as you might think. I have been installing them for near 25 years now wink

Dennis