Perhaps if more care (and dare I say it, some more money was spent on a professional performer if your own self-made demos aren't exactly blowing people away) were spent on making TOTL demos, you might not be ASKING for donations, but legitimately charging for your product and struggling to fill the orders?

Marketing is an art. One that time after time is proved to either make or break a product. One only has to look at the line of failed arrangers with underwhelming demos, and the successful ones with outstanding demos. Often, the sales don't reflect the TRUE capabilities of the products... compare Yamaha's demos against the MS! MS was technically capable of blowing the Yamaha's out of the water, but Yamaha hired professional, experienced arranger performers, and even involved them in the design of the arranger. And Dom hired, well let's just be kind and say someone not really that good!

And now Yamaha rules the arranger roost, and Dom doesn't make arrangers any more.

At the very least, contact your users, ask them for the best recordings they have of your product (hold a monthly competition with a new Performance as the prize, maybe) and use those to promote your product.

Because, I'm telling you, I won't even think about using something that is completely without any audio example at all. Free or not. My time is precious. I can make up my mind faster with a pro demo than having to download, set up, audition, and, in many people's cases, get an unfavorable impression due to their own musical inadequacies.

Look at how poorly some arrangers are seen to be, if the majority of demos when the thing first come out are shoddy trade show smartphone captures of someone obviously unfamiliar with the gear and even arranger playing in general. And it can take them months if not years to overcome the bad reception. Yamaha NEVER make this mistake. It is one that ALL people in the music industry should learn.

Get some good demos made, John.