Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes

I have a T4 and there must be more FOC goodies out there for the T4 than any other arranger worldwide, I have so much software and styles I don't think I will ever be able to hear it all in my lifetime. There is so much out there that people have done for the T4 all FOC. Can the same be said for Korg.

Tony

It appears, from examining Korg and Yamaha forums, that the majority of Korg users are very much like those who use Yamaha arrangers...the number of tweakers is very small indeed, despite Korg's extensive on-board editing, and Yamaha's excellent PC based system.

Most arranger users are continually asking for new styles and voices, created by the few who have an interest in tweaking...some sell their resources, and some give them away for free, and in the balance, only a very few of either are worth obtaining.

Hence the popularity of Yamaha's Premium Styles and Voice Packs, and the Korg equivalents...again, the majority of users of each company's arrangers preferring to have someone else do the work...nothing wrong with that plan.

Some people start out tweaking like mad, but quickly realize that programming sounds and/or styles, is a skill in itself, and best left to those with the ear, the intuition, and the interest for it.

That's why talented third party programmers had a field day back when synthesizers became more common...the factories found that the majority of the instruments in for service still had all, or most of the factory presets, leaving open a huge market that allowed skillful programmers like Bo Tomlyn, to reap the benefits of selling sounds.

Going by what is on the forums, I suspect it is much the same with the bulk of arrangers, and, in my opinion, it won't change much in the future.

Ian