I think you guys are concentrating too hard on the 'B3 gig' and not on the fact that it's a COUNTRY CLUB. Initial joining fees at country clubs can range from $40,000 to to upward of $200,000 with annual fees ranging from $2,000 to upward of $50,000 with membership numbers averaging about 400-600 (google cost of CC membership). Do the math. A $500 gig for 50 weeks would cost the club @ $25k, barely a blip on the budget of the average upscale club. The secret is to have the luck, skill, talent, reputation, and connections to land (and hold onto) such a gig. So I don't think it's so much the fact that it's a 'B3 gig' as it is a 'CC gig'. Also, most of Russ' gigs are long term, stationary gigs which is a lot different than running around trying to hustle up $50 one-nighters (and praying you'll get paid at the end of the night - we've all been there smile ).

In every town I've lived in, there are always one or two guys that seem to have a certain niche of the market 'locked up'. I think guys like Russ and DonM and a few other true professionals here, fit that mold. More power to them, I say. It didn't just fall into their laps, they obviously earned it through years of plying their trade in a responsible, business-like way. Now they're reaping the rewards.

chas