I don't know the sales figures for Canada Ian but it does seem to me the Tyros Market is pretty much the same in your area, and it sounds as though the level of competance is higher than in the UK. I genuinely don't mean to appear rude to Tyros owners, they love music and the Tyros has enabled them to sound realy good with limited ability which makes owning one so much more enjoyable and fulfilling. But these people do get bored and 1.5 to 2 years is pretty much the limit to owning one. (less if new styles are not forthcoming)

Of course I may be wrong..(and I wish I was wrong, because the name sits very uncomfortably with me and I do find it slightly insulting) but I realy believe the key to understanding the Tyros Philosphy is in the name. Suddenly you realise why it does not need 76 keys or a hammer action version, does not need to be metal, has to have large colourful easy to access buttons and easy to use features and new models appear every 18 months or so.

ty·ro also ti·ro (tr)
n. pl. ty·ros also ti·ros
A beginner in learning something.

But what I find most frustrating is how do we move forward? How is it possible to appeal to younger players or to market a keyboard to them? Japan has the educational structure (just check youtube at the average age - and ability of people playing compared to in the west). In the west we are to busy trying to get C grades in english, science and math to worry about the arts to any degree.

I have a feeling I am going to deep though and the subject is far bigger than this thread - or this forum.