Originally Posted By: Scott Langholff

I really feel the Yamaha drums sound more realistic, especially in the mix, than Korg. It's just that the drum mix is set louder on the Korgs why? Because they are going for the kids that like thump, thump, boom. If you really listen to the Korgs realizing it's the volume setting you will notice, at least to my ears, the Korg does not really sound like like acoustic drums but very fake to my ears if you listen close

Not only do I like the T4 drums, and the styles and the voices I like being able to take it out of the box, find the EQ I like and I'm playing instead of "trying to make it my own." I for one like making music. I have never liked fiddling around with buttons and settings, etc. IMHO

So, if you like louder drums and the unbeatable Yamaha voices, then just turn up the drum volume. Issue solved in my book.

Scott, you must have been reading my mind (pretty scary, ain't it?)...I especially like your statement "I like being able to take it out of the box, find the EQ I like and I'm playing instead of 'trying to make it my own'. I for one like making music. I have never liked fiddling around with buttons and settings, etc."

I feel the very same...I'm a player first, a tweaker second, even though, as you know, I like editing styles and sounds(the T4 gives me plenty to work with on sounds, as mostly I just want to change an attack or filter setting), I'm sitting behind those keys to PLAY and enjoy the instrument, and pass on those feelings to my listeners.

There are some who like to tweak...endlessly sometimes, but we never hear their music, or have any idea what their tweaking actually has accomplished. I guess it's a more personal experience for them.

"Different strokes for different folks", as they say.

Bottom line for me...the Tyros4 is a very expressive arranger, that lets me do what I love most...PLAY music.

Ian