Originally Posted By: George Kaye
To address the direct SD card style bank..........
First go and save the whole set that came from the factory on a blank SD card. If you've changed anything you should first take the "backup" folder from the supplied DVD that came in the box and copy the backup folder. ( I would do this just so you have a "clean set up".
Next, go to card, "save all", Title it whatever you want. This gives you a complete original factory set.
Now, if you have several sets, whichever one is at the top of the list (these show up in alphabetical order so you might want to edit the title and add a # before a letter so the file you want at the top will be there. You can also do this in your computer if you put the SD card in the computer.) this is the file the direct SD card will read. On mine at my store I can see all 6 pages of styles and play any one of them.

Hi George,

First of all, thanks for your reply. smile
When I first got the micro-Arranger, I performed the backups just as you wisely recommended.

On my SD card, in the 'root directory, I created a new '.set' folder naming it 'A.set' to make sure it appears first, and then created a 'STYLE' folder within that, and put 3 files: USER01.sty, USER02.sty, and USER03.sty inside that. When I then press the microArr 'DIRECT SD' button , though the first 16 (USER01.sty file) show up correctly on page 1 & 2 & play fine, pages 3 & 4 merely shows the below following styles 'already accessible' onboard via the "USER 2" physical button. Pages 3 & 4 appear as EMPTY.

16Beat John
8 Beat John
2Bt Country
Bajon

Ipanema
SambaDeSol
Ricky
Mambo 99

PopShuffle2
Front Beat
Long Train
2000 Hits

Questions
8BeatRock1
8BeatRock2
L.A. R & B.

For some strange reason, my microArranger's "Direct SD" button doesn't recognize the USER02.sty or USER03.sty files stored on my SD Card, yet if I performa a CARD LOAD view of the individual styles inside these 2 USER files, I'm able to view and load these styles into the normal USER 2 & USER 3 Style button memory fine. I'll try moving another .set to appear first on the SD Card to see if there is some kind of corruption with those particular 2 USER02 & USER03 files. fingers crossed. I'll let you know.

Scott