Originally Posted By: Bernie9

Ian
Very good question about the sudden interest. It struck me that Korg might be slimming down their profit margin to introduce the masses to their keyboards. I know I would not have gotten one except for the specs and price point.

More later

Bernie

Thanks Bernie.

I suppose the important thing is that anyone already owning a PA-50SD (on which the new microArranger is based) would be advised to follow this thread and see if there are any tips and tricks that may apply to their instrument.

I also wondered if the instrument (PA-50SD) was received here on SZ with the same excitement as the KMA (thanks Tony) back when it was introduced, but that was way back in 2002 or so, and I wasn't even a member here, or at the very least, a new member.

I also wonder what goodies could be found on the Korg Forums, but haven't checked back that far.

Since John Smies has indicated, in another thread, that this elderly model is still being produced along with the KMA (thanks again, Tony), it would certainly be of interest to those not liking the small keys, to have a sincere look at the PA-50SD, especially if Korg reduces the price.

Certainly buying a PA-50SD would be as cheap as getting a microArranger and a controller with full size (normal) keys?

Ian