Don, thanks for the informative followup.
BBB, thanks for info about your headset mic & keyboard setup too.

In my quest to possibly add a headset mic to my rig,
I'm also considering getting a small portable
vocal effect/harmony unit to be used with my microARRANGER as well.

so...

I've just discovered that Roland's VP-7 Voice Processor actually includes a headset microphone (the Roland DR-HS5) too. smile
Does anyone own or have any experience with either the VP-7 or DR-HS5?

I'm particularly attracted to the Roland VP-7 because it's so compact & simple to operate.
It doesn't include the bells and whistles of the TC Helicon VoiceLive processors like 'audio looping' + other perks,
but I simply need nice sounding vocal reverb and basic yet realisitic sounding duo/trio vocal backup harmony voices.
The VP-7 looks most compact & lightweight, and while the TC Helicon VoiceLive Touch can be positioned at eye level too, it's quite a bit larger & heavier.

I'm really interested in finding out how the VP-7's 'vocal harmony sound quality' compares with the TC Helicon, esp the VoiceLive Touch.
Does anyone here own, or have auditioned, or better yet, compared the sound of these two units?

I'm anxious to learn if either Roland or TC Helicon will be announcing new model followups to the VP-7 or VoiceLive Touch respectively.
In the meantime, any and all feedback from others here is much appreciated.

Scott smile

here's a pic I found on the internet of the Roland VP-7 perched on the Korg microARRANGER's included music rack. cool

Attachments
VP-7 + microArranger.jpg