Originally Posted By: DonM
As far as I know, I'm the only one remaining around here that entertains as a one-man-band exclusively with styles and real-time playing and singing.
There are several people using arrangers but all of them that I know of use at least as much midi, mp3 and kar stuff as styles.
Semilive could do a show with just styles, but he usually doesn't because he prefers guitar jobs.
My friend Dickie T has a new Tyros 4 and uses styles, but he also uses a lot of midi and CDG files. Our friend Henry L. uses Roland BK7m and uses styles, but relies heavily on CDG as well.
Vince Ramos down in Houston uses Ketron SD1 and plays mostly styles. I'm sure there are others in the general area that I'm overlooking, but I don't think so. Some of the others use midi or recorded music and even act like they are playing keyboard.
However, as DNJ says, whatever it takes to please the people is o.k.
DonM

I'm with you Don. I play ONE midi file, which I massaged through the sequencer and that's New York. Other than that, years of arranging the songs via style play. I think the kybd sounds its best that way and I like to present my own arrangements. Nothing worse that hearing entertainer after entertainer singing to a stupid computer - how difficult is that? BTW, too bad you got a lemon 800 in the past. The PA80 is light years behind the 800 IMO.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand