Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes

Sounds like its different in the USA, here in the UK if the box is open, then no one would buy it as new, not even a shop demo model, a shop demo with an opened box would be discounted. I wouldn't want a new Kb that someone had their dirty old fingers running over,picking their nose and smelling of a smokey old house, know what I mean Tony... Paying £3500 for a Pa3x I want it new out the box, the first to open it, anyway I might want to film the box been opened. How long is it since you bought a new Kb Tony. Thomann use the letter "B" which means it's been returned and is cheaper. Who pays for the PP.

Regards

Tony

It is the same here in Canada as in the UK, Tony, and probably the same for most places, unless one can come to some agreement with the seller.

If a keyboard is taken out and "handled" (not necessarily at a gig) and is returned, it cannot be sold as "new in the box", because, in reality it is not.

Sometimes dealers who are anxious (or, perhaps, in the PA3X's case, desperate) to sell an instrument, they will over look the restocking fee to preferred clients, but, they shouldn't try to pass off an opened and used instrument as new, and it should be marked that way, and discounted accordingly.

I sense a real desperation in selling the PA3X instruments...I am told that several were returned to dealers here in Canada because the buyer wasn't quite satisfied with the product.

So, I'd suggest anyone buying these instruments, to make sure that it is actually "new", and if not, ask for the proper discount.

Ian