Originally Posted By: mirza
You can not compare sa2 to mr sax.Like Nedim said Yamaha or Korg are at least 10 years behind.I also think there is no reason for Korg or Yamaha or any other brand not to have these kind of voices.Check oriental players how they play sax, the way it sounds and you will see how close Nedim got.And MR SAX was made mostly for western music.Do some research before commenting.No one is bashing beloved T4,but comparing t4 sax to mr sax is childish.Go to samplemodelling.com and you will see.

It sure would be nice to hear a demo that actually showcased that sax sound.

as it was, Nedim's sax simulation didn't sound much like a sax to me at all...the sound itself was fairly close, but the technique didn't do it any favors, oriental style or not.

No one needs to do any "research" to make a simple comment that the demo doesn't sound very realistic...they just have to use their ears.

Real sax players take breaths between phrases, and the portamento slides being used sounded nothing like the way a sax player bends the notes.

If you think it sounds realistic, that's fine by me...but I don't.

Ian