Originally Posted By: Fran Carango
Tony, who is to say...maybe my boot up fault may be the HD I added..a Barracuda 1 terrabyte drive..I have replaced the Barracuda with my original 250g drive and it has the 5.0 OS on it...Works fine... smile

The updates are always being worked on...Linux is an open OS and folks are always coming up with great ideas to use with Linux..and I for one will hope Lionstracs always will continue to develope new and improved ideas......for me this is half the fun of owning a MS.. smile

mmmm..this can BE also the cause of your HD failure..
Some time I had try also to test some different HD models, like the Western Digital or Seagate and some after hours of working I get crash system too.

In this week I made a lot of hardware test, to find a good mainboard for the Groove XR Extreme, where on current mainboard model will not support the SSD Sata600 or HD with 10.000 Rpm.
This is the SSD that I like to use as bootstrap:
http://www.ocztechnology.com/ocz-solid-3-sata-iii-2-5-ssd.html

I TOUGH that the problem was from my Linux kernel, every time that I try to install the OS I get errors and corrupted my USB stick OS installer...
then I buy the new mainboard generation AM3+:
http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=880GMH/U3S3
This support up to 32Gb Ram, 8 Core and Sata600.
Installed the SSD Solid3 to the Sata600 connector and my OS was installed perfect...booting to the desktop in about 15 seconds!

Fran, may be there the OS is working good, BUT may be the BIOS of your mainboarn NOT full support your Barracuda driver.
You THINK that is working because booting and play the keyboard, but we dont have the warranty that the mainboard BIOS communicate always correct with the kernel.
In fact the all mainboards manufacture release new BIOS firmware for fix the bugs.

about ouw OS, will be NEVER completed, we continue always update and update of new features and bugfix.
when I stopping the OS mean that I'm not interested anymore to work in this field.
Or...when I see Microsoft or Apple to release the ultimate OS and stopping the developement, then I stop and release the Last OS too..:)

Tony, I'm not the only manufacture that use one PC inside the keyboards...Oasys..Kronos..Wersi..crumar mojo, Hamichord, Openlabs, Music Computing and Much much more other company.
the difference is that we use full Linux OS and then other Windows with only one App ASIO running.

Connecting some standard USB controllers in one PC is simple and cheap, but try then to configure and make working multiple midi controller to different apps on the same time if you are able.

Anyway, I'm not here to sell you nothing, you can buy what you like.
If you still are looking for one Arranger, the Lionstracs, Oasys, Kronos, Fantom, Motif, Jupiter, Nord stage.....are NOT for you.
Arranger= NO sales= No OS arranger developement
workstation= full sales= full new OS workstation developement

Enjoy what you play.
regards